Monday, January 12, 2009

2009 Week ONE - "A New Hope"

We've got a little something going on with Matt and Eric, you see we are taking a trip and leaving on April 3rd and we want to lose a hundred between the three of us by then. I am responsible for the first 50 and they'll get the other 50 so we are OFF.

Today's weight - 344.4

I averaged 1870 calories a day over the last week with the following breakdown. Carbs - 55%, Protein - 20%, Fat 25%, and Alcohol - 0%. - Not a perfect balance but a whole heck of a lot better than the previous month. I've gone on the WAGON until April 1st so that Alcohol count ill be ZERO until then if all goes well.

I feel really focused on good nutrition this round, it needs to become second nature and a lifetime change. Moderation has never been something I have had the ability to focus on when it comes to eating and drinking, it seems like its always PEDAL TO THE METAL when it comes to both. I once set a record at the Godfathers pizza buffet in college, 17 pieces of pizza eaten. I also have been know ( back in the day ) to order 12 Cheeseburgers, a Big Deluxe and a small diet coke at the local fast food choke and puke. So its never been anything I was any good at, oh yea in spurts I could get focused but its never been LIFELONG as of yet, so that's one thing I am really keying on. There is a difference between being in weight loss mode and being in maintenance mode and I haven't quite figured out the maintenance mode thing yet BUT, I WILL.

I did work out 4 times last week which was obviously huge and I also had a lot of water weight to lose due to gorging myself over the holidays. HELL I sat my FAT ass in the basement one night over the holidays and ate a whole bag of Hershey's kisses, the thing was, I wasn't even hungry when doing it. I know I've got to get it right "between the ears" this time, no more eating whole bags of potato chips, 25 boneless wings with cheesy potato's at BWW, and no more 20 drink nights partying.

I am gearing up for a challenge this week, we've got our boys trip next weekend and that's usually not a nutritional balance BUT we'll make it work this time. I am planning a menu and packing a cooler with my own food. NO, I wont get all messed up and eat and drink like a HOG this weekend, this I promise (I promise it to myself most importantly).

Obviously the first week is always a SHOCKING week to your system when you start to focus on your health and I know there will be challenges, there will be weeks when I struggle and post a GAIN for the week and I also know this is a LONG process, I didn't get here overnight. BUT I am tired of losing the same 50 pounds over and over again. I want to get to the point where I am in new and uncharted territories. Under 300 for one would be a new and uncharted territory not reached since probably 1985. Enough blabbing for now...

Keep the Faith and FIGHT THE FAT - B

1 comment:

TitanThirteen said...

I hear ya on the "pedal to the metal" thing! I can drink anyone under the table and i have the weight to prove it! lol
It's neat that you can work out the carbs and protien etc in your food each day. Mine gets broken into two groups: Badish and goodish